Controlling Technology Part Two
Hello Parents and Families:
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”- Proverbs 4:23.
This is my prayer for you as parents and as a family. I pray that God would guard your child’s heart. It is part of our vision for our ministry to your child and your family. We want to do our best to protect children’s hearts from the things that can so easily hurt or even break them.
One of the paths to your child’s heart is through technology. Their world, schools, and even your home is saturated with technology. Technology is not a bad thing, but we must be wise in how we allow it to be used in the life of our child.
We are afraid of being controlling or having our child miss out on something their peers are talking about. The reality is if we are discerning, we can set up healthy habits for our child that will allow them to use and experience technology while still protecting their heart.
This month’s Parenting Blog gives us some wonderful hints to take steps to better control and develop healthier heart habits when it comes to technology. Look over these few quick things to consider below:
- How is your example of technology use at home? What are the lessons your child is learning by watching you?
- What limits do you need to consider or improve on in your home when it comes to technology use?
- What are your tech-free moments and spaces for your child? Do you have any?
- Have you kept updated on the more recent apps and parental controls on all of your child’s devices?
- Have you come up with a plan or rules on when your child can get social media yet?
As you process this Blog and the above questions, let me know how I can help you. I would love to provide some helpful resources and advice about technology expectations in your home!